"Missy, can you make cupcakes?" That was the request per my hubs this week =) Missy is my nickname...Not really sure where that started, but Lonnie has called me "Missy" for years =) Confuses many people..
heehee =)
I just used a box cake for the yellow cake -- boooooo, I know, but so moist!! Frosting was DELISH!! This is a recipe from Ma, a very dear and close family friend who passed away recently...We all miss her very much...She was an excellent cook, one who never measured...This was her recipe for chocolate frosting, and I thought I would give it a try and share the recipe w/you...There's no measurements...So you just have to go with taste and consistency until you get it right...
BTW, all you need is a very thin layer of frosting, as you can tell from my pic ~~
Ingredients
(Just to give you an idea on where to start)
Butter (I used about 3/4 of a stick)
Powdered Sugar (I used about 3/4 of a box)
Nestle Chocolate Nesquick (a couple heaping Tablespoons)
Vanilla Extract
Black Coffee (brewed - just splash some in there)
Mmmmmm.....Yummmmmm....The hubs ate 5 cupcakes the first night...Yikes!
4 comments:
Oh yum. I've never heard of using chocolate milk mix for frosting. I'm going to try using it.
"Miss" I love that name for you~ Very "texan" :-)
I will try that the very next time I need frosting. It looks delicious. I use a box too :-)
Question~ is that Nesquick powder?
Thanks~ "Chumpus"
Ooppss I meant "missy"....
~ck
~Cinnamon, yes, it's Nesquick powder for chocolate milk =) Oh, yeah, I think there is a syrup...Forgot about that -- Oops -- but, yeah, it's the powder =)
Post a Comment