Mmmmmmmm....Black-eyed peas....Some eat black-eyed peas traditionally at New Year's as the "good luck food." However, I just thought it sounded yummy...I've always loved black-eyed peas, after living in Texas for a while as a kid, but never really knew how to prepare them...Well, I decided now was the time...And, boy, was I surprised on how delicious they came out...I simmered up a 1 lb. bag, after soaking the beans overnight, adding chopped onion, diced tomatoes, bacon (because I didn't have any ham), salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste -- oh, and a smidgen of table mustard ...And let's not forget the warm cornbread w/lots of butter and honey to go with =) Sooooo good!!
2 comments:
Ohhhh yum!! Bring some when you come visit :-)
~Cinnamon
Hey Susan. Thanks for the comment. So glad you popped over as I lost track of some of my blog links during my many times of switching my blog around. I love the recipe and I am definitely going to make some.
Post a Comment