Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our Weekend ~



What kind of weekend did we have, you ask? Well, on Saturday we attended a wedding for a couple that Lonnie works with...And, yum, the food was DELICIOUS!! Not the typical wedding chicken -- not that there's anything wrong with that..heehee (that's what we served @ our wedding) -- but they served great Mexican food! Pretty much all you could eat! Lonnie managed to polish down TWO plates!

Sunday we tried out our new waffle maker (another Christmas present) from my sister and her husband...Yes, I know everyone has a waffle maker -- right? -- but can you believe we've never had one?? Lonnie's decided that he likes waffles better than pancakes now :0) I just used Bisquick and then added a teaspoon of vanilla...Everything is always better w/a little vanilla, don't ya think? Next time I think I'll step it up a notch and try a batter from scratch...

Next on the agenda today was the movies! Yay! Yet another Christmas present from friends -- movie passes! Can't beat that! Then we finished up the evening w/ a burger @ Coco's...Yep, you guessed it! We received a Coco's Restaurant gift card for Christmas too =) All in all, a fantastic weekend spent with my hubby!



Mmmmmmmmm...Of course, lots of butter and syrup is a must =)

2 comments:

Suzi said...

Sounds fun and oh, we don't have a waffle maker and I most def agree everything is better with butter and real vanilla! :)

Cinnamon said...

Hey Susan~ we love waffles but we all agree we need a HUGE waffle iron. One that makes, say, 10 at a time :-) hee hee

And yes of course I remember our Yahtzee, crackers and cheese and water drinking nights. What great memories! I miss you~

Oh and the "menu" you planned for your "visit" I love it!! You come ANYTIME~

~Cinnamon

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin