Homemade Vanilla Pudding
I've been craving this vanilla pudding ever since my friend Cinnamon over at Knights and Maidens posted this recipe a while back...First I didn't have cornstarch...Then I realized that I needed whole milk for this recipe...Lonnie and I drink skim milk...Soooooo, finally, today I remembered to purchase a small whole milk at the market...I was going to wait until after dinner to make it, but it just sounded soooo good I couldn't wait until after dinner...So I enjoyed my dessert "before" dinner tonight....I just don't see anything wrong with that (HeeHee) My husband actually thought this was quite tasty, and he's not really a pudding person...Enjoy...
* * * * *
Cinnamon's Homemade Vanilla Pudding
3 cups whole milk
3 eggs
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
Mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Add in milk and eggs, heat to boil, mixing constantly.
Once to a boil, go about another minute. It should be able to thickly coat a spoon.
Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. Put pudding into a bowl and lay plastic wrap directly onto pudding top to avoid creating a skin as it cools.
* * * * *
Cinnamon's side note: "We poured it into our serving dishes and waited about a minute. Then it was warm enough to gobble up."
My side note: I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon spice on top of the pudding...I also added a little extra vanilla and extra butter, as Cinnamon suggested...
1 comment:
Yummy...isn't it? The first time we made it turned out better than the second time we made but we still gobbled it up just as quick! I'll have to try that sprinkling of the cinnamon on top. That sounds like a great topper.
~Cinnamon
Post a Comment