Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Grandparents...

Yesterday was spent at my dad's house visiting with my Nana and my aunts who were down from Solvang...My Nana gave me this photo yesterday...She is 15 years old, and my grandpa is 19 years old here...The dress she's wearing in this photo is the first store-bought dress she ever owned...They purchased it for $3.oo, the amount of a week's worth of groceries at the time...

Elsie Mathews and Donald Offill
February 26, 1942



3 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful photo! Does she still have the dress? Gee that makes me think? Should I start saving my clothes for my granddaughter ;-) hee hee

~Cinnamon

Colene said...

I'd love a copy of this picture. We have one framed in our family room of Matt's Nonna and Pop. It would be nice to add to the collection and then pass down to the kids the picutures of their great grandparents. :)

Brigid said...

I just love that pic! The great part is your grandparents are still that amazingly beautiful and handsome today!! Just love them..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin