Sunday, January 25, 2009

Outback Tonight...

It does look as though we go out to eat a lot, but, really, we don't....My mom gave us an Outback gift card for Christmas...Steak was sounding pretty good on Saturday night...So after Lonnie came home from work, off we went...
For starters, we each had their signature house salad and delicous Bushman Bread...Outback really does make an awesome salad...




Lonnie ordered the fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs w/Aussie Chips

(pictured above)

I went for the Victoria "center cut" 7 oz. filet with blue cheese crumb crust -- unbelievably tender and juicy...I had never ordered a steak with blue cheese before...After hearing a couple of friends rave about steaks with blue cheese, I thought I would give it a try...Excellent...However, you really MUST like blue cheese or I wouldn't recommend it...




And it just wouldn't be a night out without dessert....
Chocolate Chocolate Tower
"A towering chocolate layer cake served with a raspberry sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream"
We always share dessert :-)
~Susan

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Food looks amazing. Real pics? Cuz then my question would be, do people stare and think you're tourists when you bust out the camera (phone??) and are snapping away? hee hee
Not sure but is Outback part of Stuart Anderson? They're closing or something. I heard it in the news about a month ago. Times are sure tough. Glad you went out and enjoyed a nice meal.

Colene said...

Yummy! Funny, when I was thinking about what to have for dinner last night - the Outback crossed my mind. We ended up making Italian Sausage sandwiches at home. :) Looks like you guys had a wonderful "date night".

I do have to say I have wondered the same thing as "G"....heehee! What does Lonnie say when you bust out the camera? ;) Love ya!

Susan said...

So funny that I've received two comments regarding restaurants and the camera...Yes, I'm really taking pictures, and nobody in the establishments think anything of it; however, my husband thinks I'm totally and completely CRAZY and INSANE :-)

To "G": Outback is an Australian-type steakhouse...They're known for their steaks but also offer delicious chicken, fish, and pasta on their menu...

Cinnamon said...

Well Sue Bee we all know your crazy!! For goodness sakes you use to "rock around china" ;-)

love ya~ "C" hee hee

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin