Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day...

Lonnie w/his mama and sister...


We had a wonderful Mother's Day...We had my mother-in-law and family over, and Lonnie and I did the cooking...It was perfect weather here in Sunny California...So we all got to sit around in the backyard eating and talking and enjoying the day...

On the menu:

Steak and Chicken (on the BBQ)
Potato Salad
Hot & Spicy Baked Beans (w/chipotle chilis)
Fruit Salad
Green Salad
Grilled fresh veggies (on the BBQ)
Rolls
Peach Pie

(Quite the Feast)

I marinaded the chicken using a delicious homemade recipe...If you're ever looking for a good marinade, give it a try...I found this recipe over on The E-Wife's blog, and I've just been waiting to give it a try -- delish!!!!! The link shows BBQ tips for tri-tip; however, we used the Teriyaki marinade w/our chicken...

4 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Oh my mouth was watering Susan. That sounded delicious and a perfect CA day to boot~ What a treat :-)

~Cinnamon

Suzi said...

ok, The E-Wife's blog is one of my favorites lol, lots of tasty things to try out!

Sandra said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Those first 5 years of having no children seemed so long. But it is God that opens the womb. I have a couple of inspiring stories of people I personally know who were childless but worked amazingly. Email me and I'll write them to you.

Mountain Mama said...

Sounds so yummy!!

What a special day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin